Saturday, October 10, 2009

Love Your Bod: "The Woman On Page 194"

Alright, seriously ladies: no more negative talk about your bod. It's about time we embrace what we have, love everything our body has enabled us to do and stopped picking apart all our "flaws," once and for all because there is no. such. thing.
Read this post from Glamour magazine's Editor-in-Chief Cindi Lieve regarding the picture of beautiful "plus size" model Lizzie Miller (shown above) that created a plethora of amazing, positive energy among readers everywhere. One little picture, the picture you see above, led women (and men) to write in thousands of letters to the editor on how beautiful this women is because...she is real.
One woman wrote in,
"This beautiful woman has a real stomach and did I even see a few stretch marks? This is how my belly looks after giving birth to my two amazing kids! This photo made me want to shout from the rooftops."
Now, why, I ask, can't we think these own lovely thoughts about our own bodies, when we can easily see the beauty in others?
Read this article (link above) and feel instantly enlightened about all those internal body traumas and insecurities.
Trust me, just let them go...It's simply not worth it.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thank you for the input! I will check that website out...keep on reading : ) -Rachel