Sunday, October 4, 2009

Healthy Chick's Night Out: My Top 5 Diet-Friendly Drinks

OK, so just because I'm a "Healthy Chick" doesn't mean a girl can't have a little fun once in a while, especially on the weekends. Here are my top 5 healthier drinks of choice when I'm having a girl's (or shall we say, chick's) night out. 
1. Vodka+seltzer+a splash of cranberry juice
2. White zinfandel+seltzer (soda water) = Zinfandel Spritzer (This one's my mom's signature order every time we go to a restaurant and I must say the woman knows how to order a "skinny" drink--since half the glass is calorie free, you can enjoy this tasty delight guilt free)
3. Vodka+diet lime tonic+lime wedge
4. One shot (or two) of good tequila-none of that fake, crappy stuff. (Make sure you get the good stuff with 100% agave from Mexico so it's not loaded with sugar!) 
5. A glass of red wine (While it may have a few more cals than the white variety, red wine is good for your heart and is filled with antioxidants)
*Sorry beer drinkers: I don't like the taste of beer. But if I were a beer gal, I'd stick with light varieties and be very careful about serving sizes. Those mugs can be HUGE and can easily add up to hundreds (or thousands) of cals!

No comments: