Today was one of those days where my morning started off so well that I just knew it was going to be a good day. I woke up at 7 a.m., got some cleaning done and then trekked off to Shaw's to buy some waffles 'n' turkey bacon for breakfast-which was so delish, by the way. Anyway, while at Shaw's, as I walked by the deli, an older man and middle-aged woman began humming and singing to "What a Night," with huge smiles on their faces. Then, the older man looked at the woman and said, "Ya gotta be happy in the morning. . . sometimes, ya just gotta smile." That made my day, as odd as that is. Really, it's the little, simple things in life that get me.
So, it got me thinking of some of the little things in life that always make me smile, no matter what I'm dealing with. I put together a list of 30 of my personal "happy" things...
1. Breakfast buffets, especially at nice hotels or on vacation
2. Reading a book by the fireplace on a cold, cold night
3. Used Bookstores, or any bookstore for that matter
4. Beatles music
5. My funny, sometimes odd, loving family
6. Buying a new dress
7. Victoria's Secret Underwear-can't beat 5 for 25
8. Older couple's smiling and holding hands with their spouse-when you can tell their love hasn't changed an inch
9. Peanut butter...on anything
10. Thanksgiving dinner (pre-bloat/stomachache)
11. When the cups at Starbucks dress up for the winter
12. Seeing people with good hearts do a random act of kindness to a stranger
13. Brewing a fresh pot of coffee early in the morning
14. Laughing...hysterically...so hard until your stomach hurts
15. Making mysterious sexy eyes at a stranger, and then looking back to see they did a double take as well
16. Love letters or cute little notes left on scrap paper or napkins
17. Fall/Winter-y scented candles, like warm apple crisp, pumpkin pie and cupcake
18. Getting butterflies
19. Those little after dinner mints they give you at fancy restaurants
20. Having a crush
21. Dressing up for a fancy girls night out/dinner date
22. Getting unexpected good news
23. Receiving an unexpected letter in the mail
24. A spontaneous adventure
25. Surprises, or having someone turn out different(good different)than you at first thought
26. Romance, and hearing love stories of how people met. . .
27. Long, hot showers
28. The first snowfall
29. When you go to check out at a store and everything is miraculously on SALE
30. Having a dream + people with ambitions
Now, feel free to share your own "happy" things. . .