Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just Breath

So as I sit here in my bed, doped up on painkillers and looking like a puffed-up chipmunk from my wisdom teeth surgery the other day, I actually for the first time in my life am able to simply relax.

Relaxation has become a foreign activity for me, as I’m one of those girls that always feels the need to go, go go! I hate being lazy, can’t sit in the same place for too long of a time, and get complete anxiety when I have to shut my mouth.

However, these past few days have introduced me to utter relaxation, something that is slowly growing on me. Since the surgery, I have had absolutely no commitments, I can eat pudding and watch Sex and The City all day long, and silence is allowed, even recommended for that matter. (for my jaw can’t open much anyway)

Now, while I know you all aren’t going through surgery or anything extreme this summer, (well, maybe some of you are) these last few days have taught me the importance of just sitting back and taking a few long deep breaths.

Life is far too short to run around all day like a chicken with its head cut off. Sometimes, we all need to just breathe, relax and take in life.

We all deserve a couple hours a day to just simply be. And whether that includes Sex and the City reruns or Ben and Jerry’s ice cream is completely up to you.

No comments: