Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bloating Remedy

If you're not lucky enough to be blessed with a perfect digestive system, you most likely suffer from the occasional (or quite frequent) case of the bloat, like me.

After every big meal I consume, especially late at night, I become extremely uncomfortable and my stomach puffs up like a balloon. I find myself sprawled out on a couch, helplessly shoving tums in my mouth in hope they will cure my problem.


Wouldn't it be nice if I could just pop my huge gut after every meal, I think to myself.


Well, unfortunately, that's not possible, but there are a few natural remedies for this common problem among women.


First of all, you may want to reconsider some of the foods you eat: you may have a food allergy to lactose, wheat, or maybe even some sorts of fruit. If you're like me, I have to limit my wheat intake.


Secondly, drink tons of water to drain out all those bad toxins. It may seem ironic to drink MORE water, when you are already feeling bloating, but drinking water actually drains out your system and allows food to digest more easily.


Tea with lemon has been a long believed cure of bloating. Sip it slowly, and your tummy should feel relieved quickly.


Lastly, if none of the above seem to be working, I recently found a little recipe online at besthealthtips.com, which claims to help with stomach bloating.


Ingredients: 1 tsp grated fresh ginger pulp; 1 tsp lime juice

Directions: Combine the ingredients and consume after eating a meal!


Good luck my fellow bloaters!

No comments: