Monday, June 28, 2010

Hot Yoga 'n' Other Current Obsessions. . .



So a few weeks ago, I took a hot yoga class for a work promotion. While hot yoga is something I'd never think to do on my own, I thought it would be a good idea to take the class, understand the practice and get some good footage along the way. What I didn't expect was that I'd actually fall in love with it.

I'll be honest with you, I didn't like it at all at first. In fact, I felt uncomfortable, hot and overwhelmed a good portion of my first class. However, it's the after effect that really did it for me. I've never felt so healthy, connected and energized in my life. It just makes you feel so alive. In addition to aiding with weight loss and digestion, hot yoga works wonders for your mind, body and spirit, making it a miracle yoga in my mind.

Since my first class, I've taken two more and can honestly say I completely love it. OK, that's an understatement. . . I'm 100% obsessed. If you're looking for something to change up your run-of-the-mill workout, challenge you and make you look and feel beautiful, then hot yoga is definitely for YOU!

Speaking of obsessions, now that the weather is getting hot, hot hot I have a lot of new "favorites" on my list. Number one on my list is lemon water with mint. Oh my god, I simply can not get enough of this wonderful, yet ever so simple invention. I've been filling up pitchers of water, fresh lemon slices, and fresh mint I picked from a neighbor's garden. It's seriously a miracle refresher that you must try if you haven't yet. Just keep filling up your pitcher, pop it in the fridge and have it ready for whenever you need a morning wake up call, or mid-day energy booster on a super hot day.

On a different spectrum, I'm also really into researching new tunes to work out to (or dance to before a night out with the girls). My current obsession is "Hold Yuh" by Gyptian. It's Reggae meets pop, and it's got such a great beat to get you pumped up wherever you may be going!

Lastly, I can not get enough of fresh fruit. All my faves are finally in season, making me wish I lived in a field of fruit! Strawberries, blueberries, mangoes, cantaloupe, watermelon, you name it. It's the perfect way to start your day (with some oatmeal and a cup of tea) or end your day for a healthy after dinner treat.

So, that is all for now. I'd like to open the discussion for YOU to share your current summer obsessions. . .

No comments: