Sunday, July 18, 2010

How to Conduct a "Me" Day



So this morning I woke up at 8 a.m. Yes, 8 a.m. on a Sunday...I honestly can't recall the last time I've done that. The reason being? I laid low last night with two of my friends-we made dinner together, watched a movie, then walked to get some late night frozen yogurt before hitting the sack by 11. With nine solid hours of sleep, I woke up this morning feeling refreshed, healthy and rejuvenated (definitely can't complain about that).

Anyway, since I woke up so early, I decided to make the best of my day and do things for "me." So I skipped out on a beach trip with my two friends and really thought about what I wanted to make out of my day. Sure, I very well could have crawled back in bed and took this gorgeous Sunday as a day for R+R, but I decided to cease the day instead! After all, weekends only come so often and I'm a firm believer in making the most out of the day...out of life in general, really. Life's too short to bum around...we have to put ourselves out there in this beautiful world we live in!

Well, it's not even 2 p.m., and I've already make a lovely breakfast (scrambled eggs, half of a banana and a piece of Ezekiel toast), hit the gym for an intense strength training routine, took a loooonnnngggg hot shower with 15 seconds of cold refreshing water at the end (love that!), dug into some nonfat yogurt with fresh fruit, bought a new iPod at the beautiful Apple store in Boston (with the friendliest customer service may I add), browsed Sephora in the Prudential Center, and am currently sitting in my favorite cafe-Trident on Newbury Street-with a large glass of iced coffee for one of my favorite things to do: write. I think it's safe to say that my day has been filled with "Rachel" things. My additional plans include blogging a bit, people watching in the city (one of the best activities if you haven't tried it yet) and making a healthy dinner tonight followed by some Sex and the City episodes (a must in any Rachel-fied day).

Now, I'm sure if you were to make your perfect, do-whatever-you-want day, it would look much different than mine. Hence the reason for having a "me" day, that is a day just for you and doing whatever the hell you want! Yes, that's what it would be defined as in the Dictionary if there were such a thing. Well, I'm telling you these types of days CAN exist...you just need to make them happen. And it's really as easy as 1, 2, 3!

How to Conduct Your Own "Me" Day
1. Sit down and seriously think about the things you reallllllyyy love to do (shopping, photography, painting, eating, etc).
2. Take that list and combine 5, even 15 things into the perfect day, according to how much time you have. Really, there are NO limits. Who's to say you can't go out to your favorite cafe, paint your room, take a few pics downtown, chat with a long lost friend and write a "thank you" letter all in one day? Trust me, it's possible!
3. Execute! Go ahead and do it girl! This is your time to shine...there is no day but today and today is all for YOU, so go do "you" things and make today the best "me" day ever!

No comments: