Thursday, February 4, 2010
7 Little Ways to Trick Ya Into Working Out
We all know what it's like to wake up and talk yourself out of working out. "I don't have time." "I'll work out tomorrow!" "I'm too busy!" Stop right there Healthy Chick, and use these little mind tricks next time you're faced with this kind of problem!
1. Put your workout clothes on right when you roll out of bed or get home. If you're at work all day, pack a bag with a change of clothes and sneakers, and store it in your car or a gym locker for the day! If you know you already have everything you need to get your workout started, you'll be much less likely to talk yourself out of it!
2. Plan a decadent dinner that you can enjoy after your workout! Treat yourself to a trip to your favorite grocery store or market, and buy fresh ingredients for a healthy, filling meal you'll love! Or pop your favorite dish in the oven or slow cooker before you head to the gym, like a delicious turkey chili or chicken and rice casserole. By the time the buzzer goes off, you'll be back from a nice sweaty workout sesh and ready to indulge (healthily of course)!
3. Think about how you can pamper yourself afterward. Treat yourself to a hot shower or bubble bath after your workout, or steam room/sauna session if your gym has them! This will help your muscles relax and make you feel absolutely beautiful.
4. Go on a workout clothes shopping spree! If you can afford to look cute in your everyday life, why not beautify your look at the gym as well? Buy some cute, formfitting tanks and some hot yoga pants that make your butt look phenomenal!
5. Sign up for a fun class with a friend, like a Forrest yoga class to help you relax, or you may want to try shaking your booty in Zumba to have a blast and sweat it off!
6. Think of all of the crappy food and drinks you'll be guzzling down this weekend! This should be enough to get your butt off the couch to sweat it off before you beat up your bod with fatty foods and large amounts of beer. Also, if you get a great workout in before all the festivities, you'll be much more likely to be cautious of what you put in your mouth, making somewhat wiser choices!
7. Track your workouts in a log, kind of like a food diary! This will let you see how far you've progressed, motivating you to keep going!
Posted by Rachel at 7:16 PM