Friday, September 3, 2010
Friday Shenanigans: What's On My Mind
Today was a pretty random day, hence making for a pretty random blog post. I started my day off amazingly with a nice 3-mile run in the sun with my best friend, followed by an even more amazing breakfast that consisted of an egg white omelet with veggies and feta and two pieces of Ezekiel toast (I guess it was more like brunch since we ate at 11 a.m.) Anyway, I then threw on my cute, new sundress for a meeting at Panera, only to be graced by rain later this afternoon. (Go away Earl!) Now I'm sitting here on my couch half-soaked, hair a mess but still ready to write, write, write. Random, I know. Alas, five random thoughts on my mind this lovely, rainy Friday evening...
1. People Watching : Seriously, I think this is one of my favorite hobbies of all time. This afternoon I went to a cafe, ordered a large iced coffee, then parked myself on a window-side stool facing the busy streets of Boston. I not only got to write and enjoy my deliciously perfect coffee, but I also got to observe hundreds of interesting people walking by. From construction workers who stared at me through the windows and adorable elderly couples to families sprinting to get away from the rain (quite amusing) to little girls dressed in cute Little Mermaid outfits, I got a little glimpse of everything. I always find it interesting to observe other people's habits, styles and conversations. Call me weird or a stalker, but I'm telling you it's so much fun, especially when you're writing and need some extra inspiration!
2. Vodka:I know, I know...I call myself a "Healthy Chick" but even us healthy chicks have to treat ourselves to a good drink once in a while. And this has been quite a long, stressful, hectic week so I think I deserve a drink...or three. Since I don't drink beer (I'm weird and think it tastes like stale bread), I am planning on making some Vodka seltzers tonight (with maybe a splash of Crystal Light) to enjoy with friends before we head out to face the rain. Earl, you are not stopping us from having fun!
3. Dinner-In: Last week, I went out to dinner with my family nearly every night. Of course each meal was delicious, but my single, budgeting city-gal self couldn't handle the HUMUNGOUS portions. Of course I cleared my plate most of the nights because hey, I'm going to take advantage of free food while I could. But, this week I've never been so happy to cook single portions at home for myself. I've had some delicious dinners this week, including fresh salads, vegetable stir-fry, and a yummy Thai-style Lime Rice with tofu (you have to take a peak!) What's on the plate tonight? Homemade turkey burgers topped with sauteed onions, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese...MMM!
4. Boys: Honestly, is the entire city of Boston taken, married or just plain un-datable? Really, I could use a date or two...While I may have it together with health and fitness, dating may just not be my forte...Guess "it will happen when you're not looking for it." (I've been hearing that since I was 15.)
5. My Recipe Book: As some of you know, I'm in the process of publishing my very own healthy recipe book, filled with simple, nutritious dishes to make from home. Anyway, I put a lot of thought into it today and am so excited to get this baby going (still have some tweaks to figure out). Be sure to stay tuned for updates on this exciting project of mine!
Posted by Rachel at 2:23 PM