Sunday, January 3, 2010

What do You Have to Lose?

I used to go through life with a sort of guard up. Yes, I'm adventurous and fun, but in the back of my mind, a little part of me was always holding back, not living to its fullest potential. 
I guess I was scared in a way: scared of not meeting my goals, scared of getting my heartbroken, scared of being rejected, scared of things not working out the way I had planned. 
I'd analyze the heck out of everything that by the time I was finally ready to go ahead and go for it, I'd have already talked myself out of it, forgetting what I'd even wanted to do in the first place.
It was like I was scared to let myself go, to go ahead and go for it. . . and go big.
But lately, I've been trying to live by a different mindset to let go of all those little thoughts in my head and inhibitions, and just live
After all, what do I really have to lose anyway? Sure, things could go wrong, I could end up disappointed or let down, but if that's the worst of it, why not try? 
So from now on, I'm making more of an effort to go with it, go after what I want and deal with the consequences (good or bad) when they happen. 
Go ahead and try it with me. Behave a little friskier. Make bold moves. Follow your heart, instead of your mind once in a while. Reveal your true personality, even if it's a lot to handle. Act up. Go for that dream job. Walk with confidence. Dream big. 
Life's way too short to hold back, so go ahead and go big; go after what you really want! 

No comments: